Dr David Taylor MBBS/FRACS CSSANZ
Dr Taylor is a specialist Colorectal Surgeon at The Wesley and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospitals. He was awarded Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Fellowship in General Surgery in 1998. He subsequently completed three Colorectal subspecialty fellowship years including the Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australia and New Zealand and Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Training Board in Colon and Rectal Surgery program. He was admitted as a member of the Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australia and New Zealand in 2013.
- Dr Taylor practises a broad range of Colorectal Surgery including Colorectal Oncology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, other benign colorectal pathology (eg Diverticular Disease,) Defecatory and Incontinence Disorders and Anorectal Pathology.
- Particular interests include Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery and complex Colorectal Surgery including for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Locally Advanced or Locally Recurrent Pelvic Malignancy requiring Pelvic Exenteration.
“All Aspects of Colorectal Surgery”
Common Colorectal Conditions
Affiliations and Appointments
He is a Senior Lecturer with the University of Queensland, a member of the Queensland Training Committee of the Board in General Surgery of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons & General Surgeons Australia and a member of the Colorectal Subcommittee of the Queensland Cancer Control Analysis Team. Dr Taylor is the lead clinician in the newly developed Multidisciplinary Pelvic Exenteration Service (for locally advanced and recurrent pelvic malignancies) based at the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital, also offering this service at The Wesley Hospital.
Professional Memberships and appointments:
- Member – Colorectal Surgeons Society of Australasia & New Zealand.
- Fellow in General Surgery – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Board member – Queensland Training Committee of the Board in General Surgery of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons & General Surgeons Australia.
- Committee member – Colorectal Subcommittee of the Queensland Cancer Control Analysis Team.
- Senior Lecturer – University of Queensland.
- Accreditation for Colonoscopy and Upper Endoscopy – Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Suite 85, Level 4, The Sandford Jackson Building, The Wesley Hospital, 30 Chasely St, Auchenflower QLD 4066
Tel: 07 3870 2300
We are located in inner city Brisbane at the Wesley Hospital, Auchenflower. The hospital is easily accessible by public transport and there is a large public carpark.